Depending on the condition of your smile, our dentist may recommend dental implants to help strengthen the foundation of your smile and replace your missing teeth. Implants are designed to provide your new tooth extra support without causing tension or discomfort. If you would like to learn more about dental implants in Hillsborough, North Carolina, please contact Providence Smiles today at 919-732-8179 and set up a visit with Dr. Kwame Gyampo.
Dental implant placement is the first step of the process of receiving your new restoration. This involves us making an incision in the jawbone, so we can insert an implant post. An implant post is a small screw made from titanium or biocompatible material, to serve as the root of your tooth.
For this procedure, our dentist will safely administer a type of sedation and numb the site where we will place the implant post. After this has been placed, this post will function like a regular tooth and create a stable foundation for your restoration, which you will receive at a later point in time.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Not only are dental implants a natural-looking choice to permanently replace your missing teeth, but they can also:
- Boost your self-confidence
- Restore volume in your face
- Improve your speech and chewing capabilities
- Reduce your risk of bone loss and cavities
- Prevent your other teeth from shifting
- Enhance your quality of life
After you receive an implant placement, our dentist will provide post-care instructions on how to have a safe and speedy recovery. We recommend you follow these as closely as possible:
- Avoid rinsing your mouth for the rest of the day.
- Do not touch the surgical area with your fingers or tongue.
- Do not wear any type of denture or oral appliance until you have been directed to.
- Use an ice pack on each side of the face for the first 48 hours and then switch to heat.
- Take mild pain relievers such as Ibuprofen, Tylenol or Advil as recommended.
- Do not brush the surgical site for several days.
- The day following your procedure, use saltwater to rinse your mouth after meals and at bedtime.
- Avoid the use of tobacco products.
- Stay hydrated without the use of a straw.
- Apply lip balm to keep lips moisturized.
Once you have completed the healing period, you will then be ready for your restoration.
If you have any other post-care questions or need a replacement for the cover screw or healing abutment, please give us a call at 919-732-8179. We are always happy to help you.
What Is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a common dental restoration used to replace one or more missing teeth. The dental implant uses a titanium post to secure itself to your jawbone so it is can last for a long time. The implant post is then topped with a restoration, such as a dental crown or bridge.
When Are Dental Implants Used?
Dental implants are used to fill in gaps in your smile. They can be used in restorations for a single tooth or multiple teeth. If you are looking for a long-lasting restoration for one or more missing teeth, our dentist may recommend dental implants.
How Can a Dental Implant Help Me?
Dental implants are used to help with many restorative procedures to help you get a full and healthy smile. Dental implants are especially helpful if you are looking for a long-lasting restoration, as implants can last for a lifetime if properly cared for. If you are looking to restore a tooth or multiple teeth with a crown, bridge or denture, dental implants can help you get a secure and lasting solution.
|Monday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.*|
*First and Third Friday of the Month