Here at Providence Smiles, we do everything we can to help better your experience and your treatment process. Our dentist, Dr. Kwame Gyampo, and our team use soft tissue lasers in Hillsborough, North Carolina, as a way to refine the results of your treatment and simplify your recovery process. If you would like to learn more about soft tissue lasers, please call us today at 919-732-8179 and set up an appointment!
Soft tissue lasers are a versatile tool and can be used to provide a wide range of dental services to improve your oral health and smile. A soft tissue laser is a beam of highly concentrated light, and works by removing and shaping the gums and soft oral tissues in the mouth. This technology helps our dentist and team provide you with highly precise and effective care, as well as reducing bleeding and swelling so that you can recover more quickly.
Soft tissue lasers offer many benefits to both doctors and patients. These benefits include:
- Giving our dentist greater control during your procedure, leading to more precise and effective treatments.
- A minimally invasive treatment that prevents any damage to nearby oral tissue.
- Reduced bleeding during treatment.
- Reduced swelling following treatment.
- Reduced risk of infection following your procedure.
- Faster and more comfortable treatments.
- Little or no need for an anesthetic or other sedation option.
- The laser is quiet, giving you a more pleasant overall experience.
- Quicker healing and recovery time following your procedure.
Common treatments provided using soft tissue lasers include:
- Gum contouring and crown lengthening
- Nerve regeneration treatments
- Oral tissue biopsies
- Periodontal treatments, including gingivectomies
- Removing damaged gum tissue
- Removing lesions and benign tumors
- Sleep apnea treatments
- Teeth whitening
- Treatments for cold and canker sores
- Treatments to aid in dental implant recovery
- Uncovering impacted teeth
Our dentist will carefully evaluate your mouth to determine whether or not a laser treatment is the right option for your oral health and smile. We invite you to contact our office today to find out more about how soft tissue lasers can benefit your oral health and schedule an appointment with our experienced dentist and team.
What Is a Soft Tissue Laser?
A soft tissue laser is a piece of dental technology that we use in treatments for your gums and other soft tissue in your mouth. This small dental tool helps our dentist offer you precise and comfortable treatment in less time. Treatments provided using soft tissue lasers are often an excellent option for patients of all ages.
Is Laser Dentistry Safe?
Yes! Laser dental treatments are performed using advanced technology, and the soft tissue lasers involved in your care are designed to give you the safest and most comfortable experience possible. Laser dental treatments are also approved by the Food and Drug Administration and are considered as safe or safer than traditional treatment tools and techniques. Additionally, our dentist and team have received all the necessary training to use dental lasers when providing your care. Please feel free to contact our team for more details about laser dentistry and to schedule an appointment with our caring dentist.
Is the Soft Tissue Laser Painful?
Soft tissue lasers are painless and comfortable compared to other treatment options. You may not even need anesthesia during your treatment with the soft tissue laser. This technology can help reduce bleeding and risk of infection, and it can reduce your total treatment time in our dental chair. It is also a fairly quiet tool, emitting only a soft hum rather than the loud sounds produced by drills, so it is more comfortable to listen to as well.
|Monday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.*|
*First and Third Friday of the Month